How to Update your Theme
Before updating your theme, it's always a good idea to create backups of your current theme, as well as your database just to be safe. Also, if you've made any changes to the theme files directly, these changes will be lost when updating. We recommend moving any changes into a Child Theme. Any changes you've made to the Theme Options, including Custom CSS will not be lost since that is saved in the database.
Envato has released a beta version of it's update plugin. This allows you to connect to the Envato marketplace and automatically update your theme. To do that you'll need to download and install the Envato WordPress Plugin.
- Click here to download the Envato WordPress Plugin
- Install the plugin zip file via Plugins > Add New > Upload
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu on your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the 'Envato Market' menu in WordPress and connect to the API.
If you don't see an Updates tab in your theme options, you'll need to manually update your theme. Here are the steps we recommend to manually update your theme.
- Be sure you've created backups of the theme and your database.
- Change your active theme to the default WordPress theme (twenty twelve, or twenty thirteen).
- Delete the theme you want to update.
- Download the latest version of the theme from Theme Forest (http://themeforest.net/downloads).
- Unzip the file on your computer and upload the zip file for your theme (aware.zip for example).
- Activate your theme again.